Cleaning stained mattresses
Regarding Cleaning stained mattresses : Many people accept and agree that when they are traveling that hotel and resort mattresses aren’t as clean as their own beds, at home. What most people don’t realise is that their own beds also need a regular mattress cleaning. Removing stains from your mattress is a relatively easy process that most home owners can accomplish. Just follow the procedure below.
You will need:
- A PAN OF WARM WATER
- A CAKE OF SOAP
- A BRUSH
- TALCUM POWDER
- A VACUUM CLEANER
- A TENNIS RACKET
- Dip your soap cake into the water and then working from the outer edge in rub soap into the stained area.
- Scrub the stained area vigorously with your brush until it is very foamy.
- Sprinkle Talcum Powder over the foamy area until all the moister is absorbed. Allow to partially dry.
- Beat the dried talc with your Tennis Racket, forcing the powder deeper into the fabric. Allow to dry completely.
- Vacuum up the residue and stain should be completely removed.
MATTRESS IS CLEAN BUT NOT VERY CLEAN
While the above will remove stains it is not really a deep clean. Consider the following facts.
- A person sheds 10,000 million scales of bacteria laden skin each day, most of it while they are asleep on their mattress.
- Dust mites can feast for up to 170 days on the skin we shed in a single sleep cycle.
- Dust mites can produce 200 times their body weight in excrement during their normal life span.
- Recent studies have shown that exposure to house dust mite allergens is a significant risk factor for the development of allergic diseases, such as asthma and rhinitis (hay fever)
- A female dust mite lays 300 eggs per sitting. This leads to their rapid spread very quickly.
PROFESSIONAL MATTRESS CLEANING
The only way to rid your mattress and your home of these pest and their associated health risk, is regular mattress cleaning by a professional service such as those performed by Bestcare Cleaners Nairobi as part of their spring cleaning packages or as a singular service.
Why continue to put yourself and your family at risk when mattress cleaning can be as simple as placing a phone call or filling out an online form. Request you FREE QUOTE today and see how economical it can be to insure your health against these airborne allergens.