Spiders Pest Control Nairobi Kenya
Get spider control, spider treatment and spider exterminatio services besides other pest control services in Nairobi and the rest of Kenya
How to get rid of spiders: Natural ways to keep spiders out of your house
Most species of spider are harmless to humans but if you’re one of the many people who doesn’t like to share their home with any eight-legged friends – but don’t want to resort to causing spiders any harm – follow these top tips for keeping arachnids at bay with natural spider repellents.
1. SPIDER CONTROL WITH PEPPERMINT OIL
Some strong scents are great spider repellents and, happily, many of us already use them as home fragrances. Peppermint oil is a particularly popular spider control remedy, just add 15 to 20 drops of the essential oil to a spray bottle filled with water and spritz around the house. Other good options for this include tea-tree, lavender and rose. Changing the oil that you use regularly can help to ensure that the remedy continues to be effective.
Similar to the above, spiders are also thought to dislike the smell of cinnamon. It can come in dried sticks used for cooking, cinnamon oil or cinnamon-scented candles.
Should the essential oils not work, this is another version of the same remedy. Fill a spray bottle with half white vinegar and half water and spray in corners, cracks and crevices to ward off spiders. Be careful to avoid varnished surfaces as vinegar can be somewhat harsh on their appearance.
4. GET CLEANING
Spiders like to have places to hide and one of the best ways to prevent this is by keeping your house neat and tidy through regular tidying, cleansing and de-cluttering. Opt for plastic storage containers rather than cardboard boxes as these are harder for spiders to crawl into. Also dust and vacuum regularly to rid your house of unwanted webs.
5. REGULARLY CHECK YOUR FRUIT BOWL
Fruit flies are a delicious snack for spiders so make sure your regularly check your fruit bowl for any gone-off food that might attract them.
6. PROTECT THE EXTERIOR OF YOUR HOUSE
Make sure spiders don’t get into your house in the first place by moving anything that they would be likely to hide in away from any exterior walls. This could include leaves, grass clippings, vegetation, compost or woodpiles. Check door openings and window sills for any cracks that spiders could crawl through and seal these with caulk. Also fix torn window screens and cover vents and chimneys with fine mesh
7. PLANT A EUCALYPTUS TREE IN THE GARDEN
As well as being low maintenance and smelling wonderful, the strong medicinal scent will repel spiders. If you don’t have room for a eucalyptus tree, plant mint or lavender underneath or near windows, as again the strong smell will drive spiders away.
Spiders supposedly hate all citrus scents, so rub citrus peel along skirting boards, window sills and bookshelves. Use lemon-scented cleaners and furniture polish, and burn citronella candles both inside and outside of your home
9. TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS
While light itself doesn’t attract spiders, it does attract the insects that spiders feast on so turn off the outside lights to prevent spiders coming near the house. Stop indoor lights from shining through outdoors by using opaque blinds and shades. If you do need to keep the lights on, use yellow sodium vapour lights as these are less likely to attract insects.
Old wives’ tales have it that spiders are repelled by chestnuts. While not scientifically proven to work – like a peppermint spray is – scattering a few conkers on windowsills and in the corners of rooms certainly won’t do any harm and many people swear by it as a spider deterrent.
Another scent that spiders are said to detest is cedar. Hauling a cedar plant into your home isn’t exactly practical, however, but there are many products on offer to give this one a try. Sand them down every now and then to refresh the scent, what’s more the woody aroma is said to repel clothes moths too.
Known for its vampire-repelling properties, turns out spiders don’t like the smell of this pungent bulb either. Depending on how strong a scent you yourself can cope with, either put whole cloves or crushed cloves into a spray bottle filled with water and use to scent the corners, floors and skirting boards of any room prone to receiving unwanted guests.
13. MOVE YOUR BINS
Spiders are attracted to flies and flies are attracted to bins so make sure your bins are not kept too close to the house, if possible. They should especially be kept away from windows and doors. Always keep bin lids closed, too.
14. CONSIDER A CAT
This method will undoubtedly harm the spider as cats are expert hunters, but it does prevent the use of insecticides and chemicals in the home. Cats aren’t suitable for every household, due to allergies and lifestyle but, if you are a cat person, they are excellent spider repellents.
15. COVER YOUR PET FOOD
Talking of cats and all other household pets, it’s important to keep their food covered and sealed so it doesn’t attract flies and insects which will, in tun, draw in spiders.
16. SEAL ANY CRACKS IN EXTERIOR WALLS
This is not only good at preventing unwanted pests entering your home but it will also help keep your house warm. Survey your home for any cracks in external walls and around the edge of doors and windows and seal them closed.
17. TAKE YOUR RECYCLING OUT REGULARLY
Leftover food or sugary drinks in bottles and cans can attract flies and, in turn, spiders. Empty bottles and cans also make good homes for spiders so make sure you empty your recycling boxes regularly.
PEST CONTROL SERVICES IN NAIROBI KENYA
- Ants Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Rats Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Mice Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Spiders Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Bedbugs Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Birds Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Cocroaches Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Fleas Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Flies Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Fumigation Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Mosquito Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- SPIDERs Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Snakes Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Wasps Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
- Woodworms Control and Pest control services in Nairobi Kenya
BESTCARE CLEANING SERVICES NAIROBI KENYA
- COMMERCIAL CLEANING SERVICES
- WINDOW CLEANING SERVICES
- FURNITURE CLEANING SERVICES
- APARTMENT CLEANING SERVICES
- RESIDENTIAL CLEANING SERVICES KENYA
- HOME CLEANING SERVICES
- HARD FLOOR CLEANING SERVICES
- OFFICE CLEANING SERVICES KENYA
- RUG AND CARPET CLEANING SERVICES
- WINDOW CLEANING SERVICES
- MOBILE CAR CLEANING SERVICES
- BUILDING CLEANING SERVICES
- HOSPITAL CLEANING SERVICES
- ANTI-VIRAL SANITIZATION & DISINFECTION SERVICES
- PEST CONTROL SERVICES